Sunday, February 1, 2015

Decluttering and Organizing

As I've mentioned I have been doing some serious decluttering and downsizing. Though it isn't Spring you could say I am Spring Cleaning. Do you ever feel so overwhelmed that you just cannot get started or even get the motivation to start? That is exactly how I have been. Every day working an hour here or there has truly made a huge difference.

I do not expect perfection. To me, at this point in our lives and the girls ages, it is unrealistic. I do however want to incorporate a daily cleaning/housework schedule and stick to it. Some days I am ready to conquer the world where as others I don't wanna do anything if it doesn't involve watching YouTube videos.

Motivation is certainly a huge part of tackling your household chores. If you are not in the right mind set for getting things done, forget about it. For me, I get inspired by watching or reading other cleaning routines. Social media can be a deep dark pit that you get lost in if you are not careful. So I limit myself to "x" amount of time browsing. I don't do this everyday. As stated previously perfection isn't realistic. So when I need that boost, I grab my coffee cup and head to a YouTube video, blog post, or pinterest.

Recently my focus is decluttering and organization so naturally that would be what the current watch or read is related to. A few blogs I am currently loving include, I Heart Organizing, The Uncluttered Lifestyle, as well as I should be mopping the floor. All of these blogs have some great ideas to help you in that area.

We have a ridiculous amount of crap belongings. Since I am keeping in mind that Rome was not built in a day, it's a continued work in progress. I have so far went from 6, yes 6, different sets of dishes, mind you for 2 adults and 2 children-- Now I currently have "our set" with a set for family gatherings. Say we had Easter Dinner, or a Mother's Day brunch, I would have enough dinnerware for everyone. Plus the 5 totes of not used or outgrown clothing that has accumulated over the last 5 years. Mark my words, this will NEVER happen again. Just smack me next time, okay?!

When I feel it is halfway decent, I would love to share some before and afters with you all. If you have tips, tricks, or a favorite blog you enjoy, feel free to share them down below so I can get more inspiration.

I have a laundry room organization planned to post within the next month as well as birthday planning. If there's anything you're particularly interested in, let me know!

XOXOX,
Recie

No comments:

Post a Comment